Monday, September 14, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things




This fall I've been babysitting for a couple of adorable kids who I'll call BrownEyes, a 4th grade girl, and Shark Dr., a 1st grade boy. Their parents are raising them to be a couple of revolutionaries which I love. I picked them up from school and got a kick out of this conversation in my car:

BrownEyes: She even does it when she's driving!

Shark Dr.: What?

BrownEyes: (whisper) She's smiling!

Shark Dr.: (to me) Oh yeah, you smile all the time! Why do you smile so much?

Me: Just happy I guess.

BrownEyes: What makes you happy?

Me: Let's see...sunshine.

BrownEyes: Yeah.

Me: And good music.

BrownEyes: Yeah.

Me: And good food.

BrownEyes: Oh yeah!

Me: And family and friends and hanging out with you two.

BrownEyes: Hey! Those are the same things that make me happy!

Shark Dr.: Me too.


If I had been a better nanny I would have made up a choreographed song out of the conversation, torn down the curtains to use the fabric for playclothes, and then used our songs to outwit Nazi soldiers. Oh well!

4 comments:

  1. LOL...that last part really made me laugh! If you ever DO go that route, please post a video. :) Sounds like you're a GREAT nanny if you're modeling that kind of joy for your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, lucky kids! And I love the last line of the post... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This confirms for me that Miriam Ruth Grace Hazel Lea will need her Aunt Jreta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Greta...you made me laugh! I think you've already got it right.

    ReplyDelete